Like so many others, the Covid-19 pandemic has severely affected our finances. Find out below how you can make a donation and offer your support to the churches in our benefice.
While the Covid-19 pandemic has severely affected our finances, our main expenditure has remained virtually unchanged. With no services, events or weekly collections, we have been reliant solely on our monthly donors, to whom we are extremely grateful.
How to donate
To make a one-off donation, choose your church below to visit the “Give a Little” page. Or to set up a regular donation, scroll down for information on the Parish Giving Scheme.
We are thankful for all donations, large or small, one-off or regular.
To make a regular donation to your chosen church, please consider The Parish Giving Scheme. (Further information at their website: https://www.parishgiving.org.uk/)
The PGS is a tried and tested national scheme, which Fowlmere has been using since Ely Diocese joined over three years ago. By giving through PGS, your parish benefits from a more predictable cash flow, whilst minimising admin for church volunteers.
Easy and secure to use, you can join with a simple phone call:
- Call the Parish Giving dedicated telephone number: 0333 002 1271
- Lines are open Monday to Friday, between 9 – 5pm.
- You will need to have ready your own bank account details, parish name, church name and PGS unique parish code. In our Benefice:
- Fowlmere St Mary 140614138
- Foxton St Laurence 140614139
- Shepreth All Saints 140614145
- Thriplow St George 140614149
- You will be able to Gift Aid your donation, if eligible, and you will also be given the option to increase your giving annually, in line with inflation.
- Donations can be made on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis by Direct Debit. Even though made to the PGS, donations are restricted to the parish chosen by the donor and cannot be used elsewhere.
- 100% of your donation will be passed back to your parish by 10th of the month. Gift Aid will be sent separately once PGS has received it from HMRC (usually 2-3 days later. By contrast, our usual gift aid claims, eg on weekly collections or gifts by standing order, involve a lot of paperwork by church treasurers and won’t be received for up to 5 months after the original gift.)
- The unique feature of the scheme is the option for the donor to commit in principle to increase their gift annually in line with inflation. Whilst this is a voluntary decision, it is one that could potentially have a huge impact on the life and future of the church. By opting to do so you will be helping your Parish to budget for the future. Retail Prices Index (RPI) will be used as in independent and well-known measure of inflation. You will be written to 30 days in advance of any increase with the revised amount. If you are happy with the new amount you do not need to do anything, but if you wish to vary it simply let PGS know.
Thank-you for your support!